Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife


The second book I read this year is one I've read a million times... I think I read this book at least once a year. It is The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It's a book recommended to me by my brother a few years past, and I fell in love with the story. The book chronicles Henry, who involuntarily time-travels, and his romance with Clare. Clare's live is dotted with Henry's appearances, and she grows up knowing him before he has ever really met her. They meet in real-time, though, and theirs is a love story that time has no control over.

Like I mentioned, this is a book I've read a million times before. Every time someone asks me for a book request, this is the first thing I tell them to read. I have two copies of this book, even, a trade-paper back and a special edition hard-back with cover art by Niffenegger.

A movie version of this book, starring Rachael McAdams and Eric Bana. I have mixed feelings about this, since I am worried they will totally screw this up. The movie will be out this year, so I'm holding my breath...

I give this book a 5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment